Think jewel tones in deeper shades; a peacock-inspired palette if you will.
Although you do not see a ton of teal or turquoise at the present in-stores, there are hints available with more to come later on in the season.
You know where you will perhaps see the most teal and turquoise? In accessories.
Fall 2011 Trends: Teal & Turquoise by couturecheapskate1 featuring jessica simpson shoes
Tops & Handbags
Tops & Handbags
1. Puckered Pocket Blouse $98 -- Anthropologie This truly is two trends for the price of one. The silk blouse is everywhere for Fall because of its simplicity and versatility. A silk blouse can be dressed up or down. Try it untucked with leggings or tucked into a high-waisted skirt or trousers. The rich jewel tone and billow of this blouse feel very luxe.
2. Perfect-fit zip boatneck tee $24.50 -- J.Crew When speaking of "transition pieces" this long-sleeved tee fits the bill to a tee. Ha ha. The brighter shade is perfect for wearing with shorts when it starts to get cool or layered under a crisp canvas jacket. J.Crew's vintage cotton is a fave of mine and you know I love a zipper. All this for only $24.50.
3. Apt. 9 Geometric Empire Mesh Tank $21.60 -- Kohl's I picked this tank for a few reasons. First, the straps of the tank make it suitable for layering under jackets or blazers but also are wide enough to wear a normal bra. Second, who doesn't love an empire waist? Third, if you don't love all-over teal, this top is a nice pattern of different shades.
4. Menbur Bloessem Cross-Body Bag $45 -- Amazon Handbag's most classic shape in a fun color. Totally perfect and functional. The satin fabric makes this bag suitable for evening wear while the quilting allows for perhaps for more casual day wear. For such sophistication, the price cannot be beat.
5. Sirin Clutch $40 -- ALDO You know what? Aldo makes a nice faux leather handbag. I appreciate the color of this bag and the faux snakeskin creates varying shades of teal. I think a bag in faux snakeskin works best in a smaller shape such as a clutch. This bag is chic with a touch of tough.
Skirts & Dress
6. Full Maxi Skirt $80 -- Topshop The maxi skirt is big this season. If you are petite this skirt works well with a platform pump and blouse. For taller ladies, try flats as you want your skirt to dust the floor. Always pair a flowy maxi skirt with a more structured top to avoid gypsy comparisons.7. Grosgrain Waist Pleated Skirt $79.90 -- The Limited There is no more flattering silhouette than an A-line skirt. For women with a more classic style, this is the teal option for you. People love this skirt for its simplicity and style. I can't think of a better bottom to a black turtleneck and patterned tights.
8. Curved Hem Pleated Skirt $70 -- Topshop This could be my favorite piece of the set. You will not only continue to see color-blocking this Fall, but color-blocking within one piece. I love it because no creativity needed. The blocking is done for you in this skirt. The teal pairings are beautiful.
9. Tinley Road Belted Sweater Dress $69 -- Piperlime I love, love, love this dress. The shape is unique and the wrap belt adds a rustic element to an otherwise modern silhouette. I love that the shade is a little bright and will pop against either black tights or leggings. Perfect with tall black suede boots.
Shoes and Polish
10. Jessica Simpson "Ely" Pumps $98 -- Dillards Okay...these babies are high but I couldn't resist. If high heels are your thang and you are feeling the teal, how much do these rule? I think these would look so cute peeking out under a wide-leg denim trouser with a simple sweater and chunky accessories. Or with just a simple black sheath. Just hope you don't have to walk anywhere.
11. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Nail Color in Teal-y Fast $5 -- Walgreen's I am currently wearing this color on my toes. It is a much deeper blue than it appears in the bottle and definitely not as iridescent. All that being said, it is a pretty shade. Kind of like the color of moonlit sky in a painting.
12. Outspread Wings Peep-Toes $118 -- Anthropologie So these are not my style but I could not resist the color and detail. The model wears them with cuffed jeans and a cozy poncho. I guess I kind of like them when paired with something more tough so to avoid Frilly Land. I think they could look nice with shorts or a funky skirt.
Whoah...that's a lot of teal and turquoise. I hope I have not overwhelmed you. The main reason I enjoy teal and turquoise is that it is a universally flattering color and looks nice on just about any skin tone.