10.12.2011

3 Looks: Peacoat Full of Sunshine

I have a little ritual I do every so often on my lunch break.  First I run to Ulta and check out their new arrivals and then go next door to Old Navy to see what they have in stock and on sale.

When I spotted this yellow peacoat I was instantly reminded of a look I pulled from InStyle and then shared with you last June.

Cropped Wool-Blend Peacoat
$59.94 $45 at Old Navy To Buy

Image via InStyle via my phone...note the actual tear

I have to say the first outfit is one of my go-to looks for cooler weather: dress, leggings and boots.  (I am aware the model above is not wearing leggings but this is a CC look using a peacoat after all.)  The cropped peacoat is the ideal length for an above the knee hemline and generally flatters all body types.  A masculine peacoat works well with feminine dresses and structured boots because it both matches and contradicts.  The yellow color and boxy shape add a funky element to an otherwise frou frou look.

Here are some pieces you can use to recreate the same look:

Peacoat Full of Sunshine: Look 1


Items included in set:vAccidentally in Love scoop neck dress $59, Old Navy flutter dress $45, Old Navy Peacoat $60, Very Volatile Tall Boots $75, Old Navy antique saddle bag $10, Forever21 Teardrop Necklace $6.80, Old Navy round aviator sunglasses $9.50, Old Navy Girls New Black Jersey Leggings $8.50, Old Navy Women's Beaded Hoops $7.94

No comments: