- L'Oreal Voluminous Mistake-Proof Marker Eyeliner $7.99 This is my new favorite beauty product I have discovered in the last year. It really is like using a calligraphy marker to draw on your liner but less complicated? Truly I have not made one "mistake" since using this liner almost daily. If you are someone who is apprehensive about liquid liner...start here. The shape of the pen makes it easy to draw a uniform and steady line.
- Wet n Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner $2.99 I wanted a liquid liner with a thinner brush than the one above but I didn't want to spend a lot because I don't do this look often. For $2.99, this liner delivers like a more expensive version. It goes on smoothly, is dramatic and stays in place for a good 12 hours. The only advice I have is to let it dry completely before blinking.
- L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner $8.99 I have written about this pencil previously. If you prefer more of a pencil but the look of a dramatic liquid liner, this product is for you. I pair this liner with the CoverGirl "Dazzling Metallics" shadow when I want extra drama. It is also perfect back to my MAC Jest.
- Rimmel The Max Bold Curves Extreme Volume & Lift Mascara $6.83 This is probably the closest to a drugstore version of DiorShow that I have found. Apparently it is collagen and keratin enriched for volume and lift. I do notice more volume and a dramatic black lash but my favorite thing is the formula. It goes on smoothly, does not clump and stays put all day.
- Maybelline Expert Wear Twin Brow & Eye Pencil $3.49 All the beauty people in my life beg me to fill-in my eye brows. I cannot stand the look because I hate powdery brows. My Mom actually gifted me this product after hearing a recommendation. I do like it. It goes on very subtle and defines your brows without looking faux. And you get two pencils for $3.50 that last forever!
- Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara $7.49 I really have tried hard to eloquently express the difference between this mascara and the Rimmele above. To be honest, they are quite alike. The only difference I would say is that the Maybelline is more subtle and goes on just a little bit easier. Either way you can't go wrong for less than $7.50.
When working in a combo of these products, I do not miss my more expensive department store options.