2.13.2011

Make-Up Jackpot

To say I strictly buy my cosmetics at department stores versus drugstores is not entirely accurate.  Quite frankly, I am a product junkie looking for anything and everything that can influence my beauty routine.  The reality is I rarely have any success buying any make-up at a drugstore because you really can't try it out ahead of time. So most times these purchases end up never getting used and either passed on or in the garbage.

Well, I don't know if this is a sign of a changing tide but I hit the jackpot with 2 new cosmetic items that are amazing and wallet-friendly.

Maybelline Expert Wear Trio in Green Gardens
$4.79 at drugstores and Ulta To Buy

I know it is hard to tell how pretty these colors are on a screen but trust me when I tell you it is a must to check this trio out in person.  The top color is definitely pink not purple as it appears in the image.  It is soft and delicate and makes the perfect base for a feminine lid.  It is so sheer you can barely tell it is pink.  The green lid section is both green and pewter at the same time; shimmery yet subtle.  The crease color is a cross between forest green and turquoise.  It adds depth and interest completing an eye that is subtle for daytime wear or can be turned up for evening.

As cheesy as it sounds, this trio reminds me of colors you would see in a watercolor painting or romantic pink flower.  But there is something about the shades when applied that is modern and funky, not girlie and prissy.  So interesting and unique and most likely beautiful on all eye colors.

Despite being beautiful both in the case and on the lid, one of the best features of this product is it does not crease...all day.  Like for over 12 hours all day.  There is also a step-by-step procedural on the back of the case in case the imprinted shadow is not enough instruction.

And if you were wondering about what to wear for eyeliner, then proceed to the #2 item in my jackpot.


L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner
$6 at drugstores and Ulta To Buy

So this eyeliner is billed as the look of a liquid eyeliner with the precision of a pencil.  I know most people don't like pencil eyeliners because they find them difficult to apply.  I can vouch for this pencil when I say it applies smoothly and is very easy to use.  I have sworn by one black eye pencil for years and I might have found its less expensive replacement if this pencil continues to impress.  Not only is the color intense, but it stays in place and doesn't smudge.  L'Oreal says 16 hours and I would say that is an accurate estimate.

I can't believe I found both these products in one trip.  If you thought I was passionate about the perfect tights I bought last Fall, these two products rank right up there.  I can't encourage everyone enough to stop at their local drugstore and see for themselves.

You will feel like you hit the make-up jackpot too.



No comments: