2.23.2013

Beauty Buy #12: Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

February is that special time of year where my skin has reached the pinnacle of its dryness.

I think it is hard to find treatments that deliver on their promises and can justify a higher price tag.

Enter my favorite and most effective treatment product currently in my arsenal:


If there is one thing the brand Fresh is known for, it is their Sugar Lip Treatment Collection.  I have a couple of the colors, and enjoy them, but nothing compares performance-wise to the Advanced Therapy. First, it is anti-aging which is somewhat difficult to find in lip products especially for less than $25. Second, it repairs, moisturizes and protects against the elements, including dry weather.  If your lips are chapped, after one application you will notice a significant improvement.  If you use twice a day, you most likely will not have any dry issues all winter.

This is what the box looks like.

Besides being an excellent "chap stick" this time of year, the Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment is lauded for its anti-aging properties including wrinkle-reduction, elasticity improvement and increased volume. Personally I feel like it does make fine lines disappear but I cannot say I now have an Angelina kisser, so don't go in expecting those results.  With all this being said, the treatment is not heavy or waxy and absorbs quickly with a slight citrus taste.  ( I hate any beauty product that smells and this does not bother me at all.)

I feel like this is 2 products for the price of 1 which justifies spending more.  I promise you will not regret it this winter.  FYI...the colored Lip Treatments are great for the summer but do melt in the sun so be careful with your beach bag.

No comments: