2.22.2013

Couture vs. Cheapskate: Studded Sandal

Couture vs. Cheapskate: Studded Sandal

Couture vs. Cheapskate: Studded Sandal by couturecheapskate1 featuring high heel shoes

To see results, click here.

Well, that was a fun teaser yesterday!  Hopefully it gave you extra time to ponder your choice.

Without further ado...

If you are reading this, then I am going to in fact assume, you can read the label on Pair B and conclude it to be the $110 pair because it reads Steve Madden.


I don't know how Steve Madden gets away with it, and in some cases they don't, but these sandals are a for sure knock-off of the iconic Valentino Rockstuds.  I love these shoes for Spring.  The combination of feminine blush and tough gold studs are so interesting and just the kind of opposites attracting I love in fashion.  That being said, I couldn't help but feel like a bit of an impostor supporting blatant imitation in buying the knock-off.  It's like buying the fake Louis Vuitton bag at the flea market.

They say everyone has their price and I genuinely like these shoes regardless of the designer.  And I for sure do not have an extra grand laying around for the originals...so do I take advantage of this fashion opportunity or pass out of principle?

To see another blatant...but completely adorable knock-off, click here.

No comments: