3.15.2013

White + Pastels

Even though the thermometer outside my window still reads in the 30s, my internal clock reads Spring.

Nothing says Spring to me more than white lace and pastels.

Right now I am coveting a white lace t-shirt:




A white lace tee is just such a nice foundation for any Spring outfit.  It's simple and neutral but feels more sophisticated than a basic tee.  It's easy dressing at its finest.  I particularly like these three options because of their scalloped edges.  Not to mention white is always a perfect backdrop to colorful accessories such as the ones shown below.

Spring Pastels


You know I have been loving these shoes and think they really take the outfit up a notch but let's be real, a pair of neutral flats are way more comfortable and much more likely to be on my feet.  A yellow statement necklace has been my go-to accessory and I can't think of a better option when paired back to white lace.  I am obsessed with this necklace and its chunky size.  Another thing I am obsessed with is this mint quilted bag (only $25) and will be shocked if it does not make its way into my wardrobe this season.  Same for the clear glasses.  And how cute are these yellow earrings from Kohl's for $8?


Now let's talk cosmetics.  Bobbi Brown has a beautiful new collection called Lilac Rose.  My favorite pieces are always the glosses but I would be misleading you if I said I didn't want it all!!! This Bobbi Brown metallic long-wear cream shadow is not part of the Lilac Rose collection but it's one of my favorite go-to's for Spring.  It's just the perfect grey with a hint of sparkle.  So unique.  Last but not least, this OPI I Theodora You from the Wizard of Oz collection is a sweet, sheer pink suitable for Spring nails.

Short sleeves still may tough to pull off, so I recommend a black blazer (duh), cardigan or even sage field jacket as a topper for the white lace tee until the temperature rises.

CCTip:  Forever21 has many affordable lace top options if your budget is $25 or less.

No comments: