3.05.2013

$13 Printed Pant / 3 Outfits

Over the last year, I have acquired multiple pairs of these $12.95 printed pants from H&M:


I collect these pants for a few reasons.  Obviously, the price is fantastic.  Reason #2 -- they fit me well and bonus points for not stretching out like other inexpensive cotton pants.  Third, they are very comfortable.  And four, they are so easy to dress-up or down for running errands, going to work or a night out.

H&M Print Pants + Red Booties
H&M Print Pants + Red Booties by CoutureCheapskate1

This outfit reminds me of something Jessica Alba wore earlier this year where I became obsessed with her printed denim and red booties.  Since then, red booties have always held a place in my heart.  This pair from Aldo is a bargain at $27.50 and adds instant style to any basic outfit.  I live for t-shirts with cute pants; so easy and comfortable.  A scarf is the perfect transition accessory especially when you don't feel like wearing major jewels on a day off. Don't be afraid to mix prints.

H&M Print Pants At Work
H&M Print Pants At Work by CoutureCheapskate1

One of my go-to work uniforms includes this equation: printed pant + white blouse + black blazer.  It's so easy and works every time.  When wearing wild pants to work I try to keep everything else simple and classic i.e. basic black pumps and classic crossbody bag.  My only wild moment would be a red statement necklace for some extra color and interest.  One word of caution with this style pant in a professional environment...pick a longer blouse or jacket to cover the bum.  

H&M Print Pants At Play
H&M Print Pants At Play by CoutureCheapskate1

Last but not least, these printed pants are the perfect foundation for a night on the town.  My favorite outfits are ones that mix casual elements (t-shirt) with dressier (blazer) for a chic, not overly done-up look.  In this case, we used the tee and earrings from outfit #1 and the blazer and pumps from outfit #2.  I added a new necklace, purse and ring because I have been loving these pieces for sometime and think they deserve their moment.  (This ring is a $20 version of a $300 Saint Laurent ring.)  Besides being super stylish, comfort is key, and comfortable you shall be in this outfit.

These pants are my favorite kind of CC find.  For $13, you can create 3 different outfits with basics most likely already in your closet.  Add one or two fun accessories for a little something extra or keep it neutral and let the pants be the star.  Either way, with these printed pants, you have many stylish options for minimum investment.

CCTip:  H&M carries this style pant in basic colors as well.

No comments: