11.12.2012

1 Burgundy Sweater / 2 Outfits Under $100

I saw this sweater at Forever21 and have been pondering its versatility ever since.


I love the texture of the sweater because it feels slightly vintage...not to mention burgundy is the color of the season.  I have a gold lame dress I think this sweater would be interesting with when paired with tough boots or evening shoes.

As any responsible CC would do, I started to think of other stylish ways I could work this sweater into my wardrobe prior to purchase.  I came up with the following 2 outfits each under $100.  (Jeans not included because everyone has a pair in their closet...technically I think I could say the same for black tights but I had some dough to spare in the second outfit.)

2 Outfits / 1 Burgundy Sweater


Two of the items in my closet getting the most mileage are my [leopard flats] and [chunky rhinestone necklace].  They add the perfect edgy detail to an otherwise basic sweater and jeans.  And how cute is this [earring set] for $4?  Of course I love the spotted pair but peach and burgundy would make for an interesting color combo.


For a dressier look I would start with this funky dress.  Mirror image prints such as this dress are a huge trend right now.  I love a body con dress like this...not for me to wear on its own (please)...but layered under sweaters and jackets.  I would wear this burgundy sweater over the dress with very necessary thick, black tights and either [black booties] or my black motorcycle boots circa last year.  The finishing detail would be these [neon rhinestone earrings], the hottest trend in jewelry.

For $23, you cannot beat this sweater's style or versatility.  I look forward to more outfits with this burgundy bargain.

No comments: