4.13.2012

Knot Designer...But Sure Looks Like It

Long-Sleeve T w/ Designer-Inspired Accessories

Right now I practically live in a white long-sleeve t-shirt.  Mainly because a white tee is the perfect neutral to pile-on bright accessories evoking Spring.  The best news is there are many affordable designer-inspired accessories available to take your white tee to the next level without spending a million dollars.

Lightweight Boat-Neck Tee
$10 at Old Navy  To Buy

I really like Old Navy t-shirts.  The quality is decent.  They wash well.  And they are easy on the ole' pocketbook. I end up having to replace my white tees every other season from daily wear and tear (i.e. food stains) so why shell out a ton of dough for something that I will most likely stain and definitely do not want to hand wash.

Old Navy Printed Cross-Over Wedges
$27.50 at Old Navy

I was obsessed with these Theodora & Callum wedges all last Spring.  Too bad they were $400.  So when I saw these wedges from Old Navy, I couldn't pass them up.  I am not much of a wedge-wearer so we shall see.  I bought mine in the store for less than $20 last weekend so I would check soon if you 're interested.


Fuchsia & Neon Pink Bauble Necklace
$38 at Pree Brulee  To Buy

Pree Brulee is my new favorite online destination for on-trend jewelry that is also incredibly affordable.  This necklace reminds me of a Kate Spade / J.Crew / Kendra Scott hybrid.  As amazing as that sounds, all of those necklaces cost upwards of $120.  No can do.  One of my greatest appreciations is a statement necklace that does not cost a fortune like this neon necklace.

Tinley Road Jeweled Bangle Set
$32 at Piperlime.com  To Buy

With the increase in popularity of Ippolita bangles, I am seeing lots of bangle sets mixing stones and metals.  As much as I would love to own a wrist full of Ippolita bangles, they can set you back $1800 for one bracelet...and you should always buy bangles in threes so you do the math.  Not cheap.  So for $32 I get the look and have a versatile bangle set that will add an effortless accent to my wardrobe.

Lightweight Rope-Print Scarf
$14 at Old Navy  To Buy

I have been drooling over this Old Navy scarf for a few months now for two reasons.  First, the knotted print resembles the Gucci 'GG' pattern for about $200 less.  Second,  I think this is a fun take on the usual nautical-themed merchandise because you often do not see knots featured despite their critical function in sailing.  I think I will purchase when it gets marked-down one more time.

Jeweled Cluster Earrings
$6.80 at Forever21  To Buy

Last but not least, these earrings and belts do not necessarily remind me of any particular designer, but they are beyond stylish and look expensive.  I bought both pairs of earrings and plan on wearing them a ton.  They look great in-person and are not too heavy.  Notice the gold pair even has some rope detailing.  Also, these neon belts are so cool with their rope detail and are definitely on my must-own list.  


Neon Sailor Belt
$12.50 at PacSun  To Buy

One thing I have noticed?  It seems as if I have a thing for knots...not to mention neon...and of course rhinestones...lately.  Good thing all of those go exceptionally well with a basic white tee.  Only thing missing?  A great jacket.

No comments: