2.20.2012

Simple and Stylish @ The Limited

Simple, stylish outfits are for sure my favorite.

If you build a wardrobe of simple and stylish pieces, magically your wardrobe comes together in unexpected combinations with minimum investment.

Hence the reason I was drawn to this look from The Limited.


I am always attracted to any outfit that incorporates jeans and black pointy-toe pumps...these be my staples.  Second, I always choose comfort over anything else when it comes to getting dressed and this outfit looks to be just that.  Loose fitting top?  Check.  Lightweight cardigan?  Check?  Long enough to cover my abnormally long torso?  Check.

Colorblock V-Neck Shell
$34.90 at The Limited  To Buy

This top, besides being a versatile basic, also has a flattering silhouette.  A high v-neck is flattering on most body types and the strip of fabric down the center adds visual length making the torso appear longer and leaner. The back of this top is also made of knit material which of course is super comfortable and better for tucking-in to bottoms.  This colorblock top would look awesome with a pair of colorful statement earrings.

Open-Front Cardigan
$59.90 at The Limited  To Buy

Obviously you can never have too many cardigans in your closet.  What I love about this particular shape is the ability to wear it open like a knit jacket or buttoned and belted for a more polished, sleek look.  For the price of one cardigan you essentially get two options that will add mileage to the underpinnings already in your wardrobe.  

My cardigans are my favorite way to show off my extensive belt collection.  This cardigan is begging for a hot pink or kelly green belt which both happen to be available at The Limited in my favorite adjustable style. Seriously, I love these belts and wear them every other day if not every.


The best part of shopping at The Limited is they always offer some sort of promotion on the weekends.  You could probably buy both of these pieces for less than $50.   Better yet?  Each piece will be simple yet stylish enough to work effortlessly with much of your existing wardrobe beyond just jeans and black pumps. Even best?  This outfit is "wear now" and is virtually appropriate for four-season wear.

Super style investment I'll say!

CC Tip:  Navy can be hard to find outside of Spring/Summer.  A lot of companies steer clear of navy in Fall/Winter so if you love navy, now is the time to buy it.

No comments: