12.11.2011

For Your Home-y

My husband and I were having a disagreement this week over whether throw pillows were an appropriate gift to give.

I believe they are.  He believes not so much.

I personally love anything home decor and have been eyeing these items as a perfect gift for some time now.  I have a lot of people in my life who love making their home feel special...it is where the heart lives after all.  I of course love coming for a visit to see the beautiful items they have collected to reflect their unique personalities.

What better gift to give?

(Controversial throw pillows have been disqualified...but I do love these.)

For My Home-y


  1. Pottery Barn Beaded Frame Bottle Stopper $19.50  PB has the most beautiful and affordable wine stoppers.  Include one with a bottle of wine or stemware.
  2. Uncommon Goods Agate Coaster Set $64  These are my favorite gift to give.  I have a set and you would not believe what a conversation piece they are to anyone who visits.  Great gift for a bachelor.
  3. kate spade new your His & Hers Double Old Fashioned Glasses $50  I have been in love with these glasses for over a year.  I would give these to newlyweds or couple who enjoys a spirit (or two).
  4. Anthropologie Anemone Mezzo Vase $18  Obsessed begins to describe my affection for this vase collection.  Somehow modern and artistic but vintage in a way that is so eclectic and special.
  5. Uncommon Goods Unzipped Glass Zipper Bag $20   Don't ask me why but I cannot stop thinking of this thing.  I love it.  I feel like a young adult male needs this...brother, maybe?
  6. MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check Christmas Tree Plate $85  Yeah, it's $85 but wonderful for any collector or person who likes quality and style.  Each piece is terra cotto and hand embellished so worth the price.
  7. west elm Wood + Resin Boxes $14   So versatile for anyone on your list.  They remind me of a vintage checkerboard my Dad gave me from when he was a kid.

No comments: