4.20.2011

Champagne Week Officially Begins

What better way to celebrate the big CC Birthday than by dedicating the next few posts to life's most festive beverage?  Of course I am talking about champagne!


Christian Louboutin Champagne Flute
(no longer available to purchase)

There would be no way to even bring up the topic of champagne without mentioning my A+, #1 favorite product of my entire life.  And for those of you that know me, this should come as no surprise.

Bobbi Brown "Champagne Shimmer" Eyeshadow
$20 at Sephora and most department stores To Buy

I wish I could take credit for discovering this shadow but it was received on a tip from a co-worker who shares my same complexion.  (For those of you that don't know me...that would be pale.)  She had been looking for a shadow that was natural enough for daytime but not just a boring bone or vanilla color.  She had tried Chanel, Chantecaille and Nars to no success until she finally found our soulmate, the Champagne Shimmer.

 

I don't know what I could even say to do this shadow justice.

It is the perfect neutral shadow but with a bit of shimmer for brightening.  The official description is a light golden peach but it seems to pick up your natural skin tone and work with it for a flattering effect.  You can wear it alone with either a black or brown liner or on your brow bone with other warm shadows on the lid. 

Women of all skin tones and ages can wear this color because it is a universal shade.  Also, the pearlized effect is subtle and does not crease after a day's wear.  I recommend checking Champagne Shimmer out if you want an easy option in your make-up bag that you know will always work.

If I only could have 1 eyeshadow for the rest of my life, this would be it.  If you like "Kitten" eyeshadow by Stila...Bobbi Brown Champagne Shimmer is far better!

Cheers Champagne Shimmer!  I love you!

CC Tip:  Come on CCs!  We only have 2 entries for the giveaway!  Those 2 are getting a treat just for making me look like not a total a lame-o....I swear you will not be disappointed if you enter.

2 comments:

iFLASHiES said...

I have this per CC's rec from years ago. LOVE. She is so wise.

Unknown said...

Funny you should bring up the Champagne Shimmer. I put it on last night and slept in it. I woke up today still looking fabulous that I didn't even wash my face before work:)