2.02.2011

Stripes I Can Handle

A few weeks ago I shared how nautical stripes had invaded all that was pure and good in resort fashion. 

I think I decided I can handle the stripes when styled correctly.

I love a striped blazer for Spring.  It is fresh.  It is bold and it can be worn now.

Three Quarter Sleeve Nautical Stripe Knit Jacket
by NY Collection $44.99 at macys.com To Buy

And as far as an underpinning, of course you can stick to your basic black but why not punch it up a few notches and layer an artistic painted looking top underneath?  When it comes to watercolor tees, no one does it better than Vera Wang.  Check out these two options from Kohls, each less than $25. 

Simply Vera Wang Watercolor Pleated Tee
$23.99 at Kohls and kohls.com To Buy

Simply Vera Wang Brushstroke Tank
$13.99 at Kohls and kohls.com To Buy

The rest of your outfit is simple.  Add in your favorite bold accessories: a bright shoe, ring, beads or earrings.  Word of caution...only pick one bold accessory to complete the look.  The rest should be simple.

Donald J. Pliner "Zay" Pump
$100.45 at shoes.com To Buy
(Someone please buy these shoes I love them and they are only left in a size 8...email me if you do!)

Why I love this outfit is that it equally looks stylish with either a pair of black pants for work or jeans for a casual and polished day around town.  I love it more so for its versatility.  These fabrications and styling will work for you well into Spring.  Plus the bold color and stripes will make you feel fresh in the doldrums of winter. 

Stripes I Can Handle


No comments: