1.04.2011

Seeing Stars

Last year 2 of my major why-didn't-I-buy-it-when-I-first-saw-it? moments both involved stars.*  Literally. 

Ever since then, my longing for these two missed items has been insatiable. Then when I saw Carey Mulligan wearing this dress by Christopher Kane at the Toronto Film Festival, I knew my quest for something intergalactic was back on. 

And though I could never replace the perfection those 2 items held in my heart, my determination led me to this tunic by MM Couture.
MM Couture by Miss Me Star-Print Tunic
$98 at dillards.com To Buy

Much to my horror when after a month of indulging in all things sweet...and savory...the muffin top had reared its ugly head. When I had but mere minutes to change between work and dinner earlier this week, this tunic did the trick by hiding my holiday bloat and giving me some room to breathe while still looking fashionable.

Add a couple basics from my existing wardrobe and a perfect outfit for dinner with a friend:

Seeing Stars

This tunic is a key CC dressing piece: easy to throw on when crunched for time and works back to most of the basics already in your closet.  And let's be honest, best of all it hides the MT (muffin top). I call that out of this world.

You know I can't resist an easy cliché.


*For those of you who care, it was a star-print strapless dress and vintage gold chain with stars.


No comments: