11.13.2010

Making My List...Checking It Twice

Whether we want to admit it or not, the holiday season is here.  One of the things that is important to me during the holidays is selecting my family and friends the perfect gift.  I love to get people things they normally would not indulge on or something unexpected that they never even knew they wanted.  Thoughtful gift giving is no easy task but can be less stressful if you abide by two words: get organized.

What this means:
  • Research:  Over the next week your mailbox and inbox will be bombarded with catalogs and emails touting the gifts of the season.  Go through each and either tear out or save anything you think might make a great gift for anyone on your list.

  • Go Online:  Spend 10 to 15 minutes looking online at sites where people on your list might shop.  Get some ideas ahead of time so when you go to the store you know what you are looking for.  Print out the image to show a sales associate for an even more efficient shopping trip.  If you order anything online, consider two things: how can the recipient return if need be and order early to avoid overpaying in shipping costs.

  • Shop Early:  This can mean many things!  The sooner in the season you start your shopping, the sooner you are done and can sit back and enjoy the magic of the holidays.  More important, if you get to the mall in the morning versus mid-afternoon, it is so much less crowded and therefore less stressful.  Most transactions at retailers are done between 2 and 6pm so why waste time standing in line or circling a parking lot?

A Gift To Consider This Weekend


Victoria's Secret Undies 7 / $24.50 To Buy

Maybe in the past I haven't been paying close enough attention, but I cannot recall VS running this promotion ever.  Normally their underwear is 5 pairs for $25, so to get 7 pairs is quite the deal.  Especially because the metallic pairs are $8.50 each.  One of my holiday traditions as a grown adult is to get myself a cute pair of their holiday themed undies.  Don't judge.  And they make festive stocking stuffers.  


They have a variety of styles and the promotion allows you to mix and match from the VS cotton line and the PINK collection.  The sale ends Monday at midnight so if you can't hit the store, shop online. 

Yesterday as I was making my selections at the local VS, it was quite stressful as there was a swarm around the tables.  People were stepping all over one another to get in the drawers.  It was full contact experience and I am not exaggerating when I say I left in a sweat.  The selection was somewhat dilapidated by the time I came through, so all I am saying is the shipping cost might be worth it.

Remember this best promo I have ever seen from VS ends Monday, November 15!

Over the next few weeks I will be giving you some more shopping tips and highlighting this year's must have Couture Cheapskate gifts.  If there is anyone on your list you could use some help with...email me!

And to the people on my list...don't get any ideas!  I will NOT be featuring any of your gifts:)

 

No comments: