10.25.2010

Day #4 and #5 of Couture Cheapskate Abroad

Sad...my Mexican vacation is officially done and gone.  Nothing all that exciting to report during the final two days except that we made it home safe and sound sporting a little late Fall tan.

I did want to share a couple things that those traveling over the next few months will enjoy on any upcoming trip no matter where your travels take you.

Two Beauty Buys:

  1.  Clean & Clear Morning Burst In-Shower Facial:  I am trying to be a million times better about putting sunscreen on my face and when you add the salt water from the ocean, chlorine from the pool and sweat from sitting out in the sun for most the afternoon, your face is quite the cakey mess of goop.   I love the microbeads of this cleanser because they make you feel like you are really getting in there and wiping the grime away leaving your skin exfoliated and smooth.  Even better is that at Target you can find travel size bottles for around $1.  To Buy
  2. fresh Brown Sugar Body Polish:  While this is not a product I actually brought with me on the trip, I couldn't help but mention it because the sand in Cabo reminded me of brown sugar.  Which of course in some sick way just made me crave sweets?  I know most people do not have opinions on sand but this was seriously the best sand ever!  Sand is a natural exfoliant albeit not always the least abrasive.  So if you are looking for a suitable and luxurious alternative, try the Brown Sugar Body Polish.  It is the perfect trifecta: natural, sweet and invigorating.  To Buy
Having a week off to do nothing but eat chips and pico de gallo, when I wasn't eating, my nose was basically buried in a book.  I page-turned through 2 books pretty quickly and thought I would offer them as a recommendation for anyone who wants a quick, fun and painless read...where you don't really learn anything and are okay with that. 

Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner

This book is by the author who wrote In Her Shoes and if you didn't read the book, you may have seen the movie starring Cameron Diaz and Toni Collette.  It's the story of 2 former BFFs who reconnect and go on a road trip.  Very far-fetched and corny, but you will get through it very quickly which is all we really want from a vacation book, isn't it?

Last Night At Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger

So I guess I was on a kick for authors who have had their books turned into movies.  This book is by the same woman who wrote The Devil Wears Prada and like Prada, this book follows along the same lines of dropping pop culture references and a plucky, too-good-to-be-true heroine.   You will not feel like a rocket scientist after reading but you will probably find yourself relatively entertained.  The perfect poolside reading.

So there you have it!  A recap of all things Couture Cheapskate vacation.  In case you were curious, the model and I did not wear any of the same swimsuits (thank goodness) and I only had 1 margarita the whole trip.  My tropical drink of choice was half pina colada and half strawberry daiquiri.  Apparently this is called a Miami Vice?  I never knew?

I am happy to be home and hunting for more Fall fashion.

No comments: